Hello and welcome
I recognize that seeking counseling can be challenging and finding the right counselor can feel overwhelming.
Here you'll find more details to help you evaluate if Ladybug Counseling may be a good fit for you or your child or teen.
When you're ready, I welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have on a free consultation call.
If we are struggling, it is not that we have done something wrong or are bad. Rather, our life experiences have shaped us in some way that inhibits access to our best qualities in times of stress. With professional support, we can work to increasingly access those qualities.
What you can expect at Ladybug Counseling:
- Warm and welcoming approach
- Free 30-minute phone consultation call prior to the first session to help evaluate fit
- Treatment goals, pacing and modalities tailored specifically to you
- A collaborative process
- Age-appropriate therapy including play therapy for children
If we mutually agree to move forward after your initial phone consultation, we will schedule your first appointment.
What to expect at your first appointment:
- 80-minute session
- Adult clients and parents (no children)
- Gather a thorough history
- Establish therapy goals
- Opportunity to see my office and meet me in person to confirm fit
- On-site parking (free for two hours or less)
What to bring to your first appointment:
- Completed paperwork (available below)
- Significant Events Timeline
- Payment in the form of cash or check
Additional items for parents only:
- Documentation for any psychological testing your child may have completed
- Any legal documents that outline family structure relevant to therapy (i.e. custody agreements, medical decision-making rights)